Released sex predator straight back in jail

October 31, 2013 | By More

Court House-doorwayAn on-line sex predator has lasted just one week after his release from prison on parole before ending up straight back in custody for contacting one of his victims by text message.

Cameron Stuart Hore, 30, was released on bail on October 22 but pleaded guilty to a charge of breaching his parole before Judge Murray Hunt in the Christchurch District Court today.

Judge Hunt remanded him to next Thursday for sentence on the breach charge, but in the meantime the Probation Service will be applying for his recall to prison anyway.

Craig Ruane was defence counsel for today’s appearance.

Hore was jailed for four years one month on July 4, 2012, after being held for a long time in custody on remand on 12 charges which he eventually admitted.

He had posed on-line as a young woman named Sarah Ruddenklau – including posting a picture of a young woman – to carry out sexual exploitation of his young victims when he eventually met them.

He was sentenced in the High Court on two charges of blackmail, two of obtaining credit by deception, and eight of sexual exploitation or attempted sexual exploitation.

Hore is deaf and a sign language interpreter who was a police staffer helped him in court today.

The victims were found after police seized Hore’s computer after a complaint and analysed just one month of the the 9306 chat logs accumulated over 15 months from September 2009 to November 2010. Nine of the 14 victims traced from that month were willing to talk to the police.

Crown prosecutor Pip Currie said then it had been premeditated and planned offending using false identities to obtain personal details. The offending occurred on the Internet, and by text, and there was sexual offending on occasions when face-to-face contact occurred.

“There has been on-going manipulation of boys and young men for his own sexual gratification,” she told the court. The victims had been aged from 11 to 19.

Hore was assessed at the time as being a moderate-to-high risk of reoffending.

Defence counsel at the sentencing, Margaret Sewell, said Hore accepted he was aware of the ages of the victims. “He was in the grips of an increasing and escalating and out-of-control habit.”

The police investigation began from threats exchanged after one 19-year-old had been offered $50,000 for one sexual encounter. Young people had agreed to various acts because of Hore’s promise of money.

By the time of his sentencing, Hore was already undergoing therapy and counselling in prison.

Category: Focus

Pin It on Pinterest