Professional man denies 14 indecency charges

Court House-07Four more sex charges have been laid against a Christchurch professional man who has now pleaded not guilty to a total of 14 charges.

The case was remanded to a pre-trial callover on January 27, with the man on continued bail.

He has been refused name suppression but the lifting of the order has been appealed in the High Court.

That appeal has been heard and Justice Gerald Nation is due to deliver his reserved decision later this month.

The 61-year-old man had been alleged to have indecently assaulted a series of male victims and had been remanded on bail to a case review hearing in the Christchurch District Court today.

When he appeared, defence counsel Paul Wicks QC said four new charges had now been laid and the man also pleaded not guilty to those charges and elected trial by jury.

The new charges allege three more indecent assaults involving males and one charge of unlawful sexual connection with a male.

The man has had interim suppression of his name and occupation since his first appearance in June. The court was told at a remand appearance in September that he was no longer practising.

He remains on bail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *