Continued name suppression has been granted to a teenager charged with a serious assault at a Northcote Road house at the weekend.
The 19-year-old appeared in the Christchurch District Court before Justices of the Peace on Saturday morning and was remanded in custody.
When he appeared from the prison by video-link on Monday, defence counsel Chris Nolan said he had just been assigned and received disclosure – the police paperwork on the case.
He asked for the man to be further remanded for three weeks without plea on the charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
He said that interim name suppression for the teenager and the victim had been granted on Saturday and asked for those orders to continue until next appearance.
He said no bail application was being made today, but one may be made during the remand.
Judge Paul Kellar continued the orders and remanded the teenager in custody for another appearance by video-link on March 12.
The 43-year-old victim was hospitalised with critical injuries after the incident about 2am on Saturday.