Suppression lifts on double stabbing accused

April 28, 2016 | By More

New Brighton Mall-101Name suppression has been lifted on a man charged with a double stabbing at New Brighton at the weekend.

Judge Bridget Mackintosh lifted the suppression when Christopher Charles Mohi appeared in the Christchurch District Court today, after a remand in custody on Monday.

Defence counsel Tony Garrett said no bail application was being made for the 38-year-old labourer from Northcote.

He appeared on a charge of wounding one man with intent to grievous bodily harm. Police allege that victim had been stabbed 20 times with a screwdriver in the face, neck, and body.

He faces a second similar charge for allegedly stabbing a man who drove him from the scene, apparently to try to defuse the situation, and unlawfully taking his car. That man received about 10 stab wounds to the shoulder.

The court was told today that the police were waiting to find out the condition of the victims.

Judge Mackintosh remanded Mohi in custody to May 20 for pleas to be entered.

 

 

Tags: , , ,

Category: News

Pin It on Pinterest